For the complete job posting and to apply, click here.
The Compensation Analyst provides compensation expertise by advising and directly supporting Human Resources team members and all levels of management in providing compensation solutions covering a wide range of pay issues including job structure and salary range development, base pay administration, and pay guidance. This position serves as a collaborative team-member in the design, development, and implementation of city-wide compensation programs, practices, policies and procedures that are competitive, cost-effective, and equitable. The successful candidate will use a proactive and innovative approach to ensure that our employee compensation offerings are competitive, drive operational results, are aligned with our culture, and are understood and valued by our managers and employees. Must be both strategic and passionate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates major classification and compensation projects and programs with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and City Manager.
- Develops proposal for compensation procedures city for the Director of Human Resources to review.
- Provides advice and recommendations to leadership on a broad range of classification and compensation issues and decisions.
- Identifies, analyzes, and recommends solutions for various compensation problems and monitors implementation of agreed upon actions until the problem has been resolved.
- Analyzes organizational structures and jobs to establish job descriptions, classifications, placements, and market matches for pay comparison purposes.
- Thoroughly analyzes complex compensation data to assure equitable pay practices and makes recommendations for adjustments in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Coordinates the conducting and analysis of both formal and informal compensation surveys.
- Coordinates the development of cost estimates of the financial impact of compensation programs and actions.
- Supports Human Resources Manager/Civil Service Director in overall operations of the department and as needed.
- Analyzes morale indicators and other personnel measurements such as, but not limited to, surveys, turnover, and grievances; presents recommendations for new or revised compensation programs when needed.
- Provides training, technical assistance, policy interpretation, and advice to managers and staff regarding classification and compensation topics and .
- Designs communication instruments to educate and inform management in the daily activities related to compensation/classification.
- Consistently applies policies and procedures when trouble shooting classification/compensation issues and provides technical advice to departments in the resolution of these issues.
- Develops and maintains salary structures by ensuring market matches reflect as close as possible to City of Kyle benchmarked positions to maintain established level of competitiveness.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and skill in conducting market salary surveys using standard compensation practices such as aging market data, familiarity with variables affecting the external market to support a competitive pay for the City of Kyle to attracts, retain and motivate human resources to meet departmental business needs.
- Reviews position classification and FLSA designations for management proposed staffing plans, reorganizations, and vacant postings.
- Reviews and recommends hourly, salary, and executive level salary offers and salary adjustments for conformance to established policies, practices, and guidelines, ensuring internal and external equity, and legal compliance of organizational pay practices.
- Conducts special studies, custom surveys, and special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends relating to HR and recommends best practices or solutions.
- Maintains relationships with municipalities or similar organizations to identify and analyze organizational trends and best practices in compensation and recommend appropriate action.
- Develops and conducts training and communication materials on compensation-related topics to continually educate management and employees on Team Kyle compensation philosophy, programs, and practices to ensure proper performance, pay decisions, and compliance with legal standards.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of relevant human resources discipline(s); provides insight and guides management on issues identifying opportunities and potential solutions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.