The President Elect works with the President and the Immediate Past President to manage the activities of CTCBA. He/she makes a three-year commitment to serve on the Board of Directors as follows: (1) President Elect, (2) President, and (3) Immediate Past President. Ideally, the President Elect will have served as a Board member in good standing for at least 2 years. Estimated time on duties and responsibilities excluding meetings and luncheon attendance is a minimum of 1-2 hours a week:
- Performs the duties of the President and the Immediate Past President in their absence or at their request.
- In cooperation with the President, coordinates the development of current and potential CTCBA Board members.
- May attend the WorldatWork Leadership Partner Network conference, along with the President, in order to network with other association leaders and gain leadership insights.
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the President and/or the Board.
- Becomes familiar with the CTCBA financial management process, system and controls.
- In conjunction with the VP Professional Outreach builds positive relationships with members and board members of groups such as AHRMA, WILCO, etc. through various methods such as becoming a member of the association and participating in monthly meetings.
- Assists in all other Executive Board functions, as necessary.
- Regularly attends CTCBA Executive Board meetings and actively participates in all Board decisions.
The VP Programs coordinates decisions regarding meeting programs, workshops and educational courses offered by CTCBA. Estimated Time Commitment-2 years serving on the board in this position. Estimated time on duties and responsibilities excluding meetings and luncheon attendance is a minimum of 2-4 hours a week:
- Ensures that CTCBA provides programs that meet the variety of interests of CTCBA members, such as compensation, benefits and total rewards.
- Coordinates with board members to develop a list of interested and available luncheon speakers for following year to be considered by the Board at the annual kick-off meeting in January.
- Prior to kick-off meeting, coordinates with board members to contact potential speakers such as members, government agency representatives and consulting firms.
- Gathers and documents information about potential speakers including company name, speaker name, topic name, topic summary and dates speaker is available. Documents decisions on workshops and courses, including dates, times and needed equipment (such as laptops).
- Facilitates board discussion of speakers and documents board decisions.
- Contacts (or coordinates with board members to contact) desired speakers and confirms availability for each date. Contacts speakers that were not chosen and asks that they consider speaking during the next year, if appropriate.
- In conjunction with President, President Elect develops list of potential educational courses and workshops for consideration by the Board.
- Regularly attends Board meetings and actively participates in all Board decisions.
The VP Community Outreach increases CTCBA’s visibility in the local and state university and business communities. Estimated Time Commitment-2 years serving on the board in this position. Estimated time on duties and responsibilities excluding meetings and luncheon attendance is a minimum of 2-4 hours a week:
Develops and implements a sponsorship plan for increasing revenues.
Develops, maintains and implements sponsorship program guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support.
Manages all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, sponsor follow-up and support.
Creates a list of potential sponsors for the upcoming year and plan on when/how to target.
Interface with Internet Marketing to create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and future.
Submits marketing plans, prospect activity, and forecast reports to the BOD.
Works with VP, Communications, VP, Membership, and Social Media/Marketing Strategist to mail out flyers, network, make phone calls, etc. to target potential sponsors and members.
SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING STRATEGIST
The Social Media/Marketing Strategist will work with the VP, Communications and VP, Membership to drive social media strategy, campaigns and help coordinate internal and external marketing communication initiatives. The person will be responsible for developing social media topics, curating and managing all published content to reach and engage members. Monitor progress using web analytic tools. Estimated Time Commitment-2 years serving on the board in this position. Estimated time on duties and responsibilities excluding meetings and luncheon attendance is a minimum of 2-4 hours a week:
Works with VP, Communications to post on social media outlets.
Creates, posts, and searches for interesting articles for social media outlets.
- Sends out data analytics on social media outlets to BOD.
- Sends out job alert emails every Friday on social media.
- Schedules weekly social media posts via Buffer software.
- Works with VP, Communication to ensure that the website is up-to-date, and information is appropriate.
- Attends luncheons and BOD meetings and take photos to post on social media.
- Works with VP, Communications and VP, Membership to mail out flyers, network, make phone calls, etc. to target potential sponsors and members.
Assists in creating a marketing plan for the upcoming year.
Accepting applications to serve on the
CTCBA BOARD FOR 2020-2022
through October 31, 2019
Elections at CTCBA November Luncheon
BOARD Announcements by mid November 2019