Equity and Inclusion Program Manager I
Overview of the Position:
This role will be responsible for aligning strategic development and coordination of equity, diversity, and
inclusion efforts for Austin Public Health. This position will lead the department in identifying and
addressing current and emergent equity and inclusion issues, and develop a process to guide the
development, implementation and evaluation of policies, practices, and programs addressing their
impacts on equity.
- Advanced demonstrated experience developing and coordinating strategy in the alignment of
equity, and inclusion efforts for a medium-to-large organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and projects in the implementation of, equity, and
- Demonstrated experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities of color, in
the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Demonstrated experience establishing defined measures of success, metrics, and incremental
goals, short and long term, surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing, and reporting data to identify issues, trends,
demographics, or other relevant information to drive equity and inclusion.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
This position supports Austin Public Health’s Mission and Core Purpose identified in the Austin Public
Health Strategic Plan.
Departmental Competencies related to the position can be found on Austin Public Health’s website.
COVID-19 considerations: This position is not exclusively tele-work based during the COVID-19 pandemic
and will require in-person work on a regular basis upon hire. We will provide a full suite of PPE when in-
person contact is necessary.
When public health responds to an emergency you may be assigned activities that are outside your
regular job description. This may involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with
possible deployment to locations other than the Austin Public Health.
$35.53 - $46.19 hourly
Posting Closes: 9/21/2022
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/101411