The Human Resources Generalist III-Benefits Administration reports directly to the Manager, Benefits and Compensation. This position is responsible for a variety of professional, technical and support duties in Human Resources related to benefits, retirement and 401(k) Plans including health reimbursement stipends. This position will manage all contracts with third party vendors for benefits and retirement services to ensure contract compliance and high-quality service.
- Responsible for the day to day development, implementation, and administration of health and retirement plans, processes, employee education, and integrated communication programs for the plans.
- Partners within the company for the administration of benefit programs including the annual enrollment and benefits communications.
- Implements continuous improvements to efficiently enhance the company’s ability to attract, motivate and retain key talent.
- Serve as Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) super user.
- Maintain benefit forms, policies, procedures and creates new forms and procedures. Maintains the forms online in the intranet, ESS, and websites as needed. Maintains new information on benefit bulletin boards at all Capital Metro locations.
- Coordinate collection and entry of benefit and retirement deduction changes on a weekly basis in to the HRIS system, run necessary process to update payroll modules with new entries and changes, validate deduction changes each pay cycle against appropriate payroll.
- Make recommendations to enhance benefit offering effectiveness. Monitor trends; prepare benchmarking studies, and offer cost/benefit and competitive analysis.
- Procure vendor support to administer benefits programs and conduct cyclical review of contracts.
- Review and recommend improvements in Capital Metro benefits and compensation system, procedures and practices to enhance the efficiency of operations and provide better customer service.
- Manage communication regarding benefits and compensation programs, policies and procedures to inform employees about the content and the value of programs being provided.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field. PHR, CBP, CEBS, CBP, or relevant professional certification preferred. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Five (5) years’ progressive experience in human resources, including three (3) years administering and/or supporting employee benefit plans for retirement, including both defined contribution and benefit plans. Compensation experience preferred.
- Experience using various compensation modules and structures.
- Experience implementing processes and working with stakeholders to ensure process changes are effectively communicated and established.
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Prefer experience with HRIS enterprise systems including UltiPro.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze complex data and summarize it in easily understandable form.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required. Familiarity with COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, ACA and related state and federal regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and the public.
- Working knowledge of all applicable employment laws.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SALARY RANGE - 56,760.00 - 70,950.00 - ANNUALLYFor more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/121?c=capmetro