Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Texas' largest professional association for public school employees seeks a full-time, detail-oriented Payroll and Benefits Specialist with 5 or more years of processing payroll and managing the life cycles of employee documentation. This person will be responsible for providing all necessary reporting within the department. A high school diploma is required, an associate degree is preferred. Basic knowledge of accounting principles is key.
Functions will include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain employee records, prepare new hire and terminations packets
- Processing bi-weekly payroll
- Assist the HR/Operations Director with reports for budgeting
- Reconcile monthly insurance billing
- Reconcile payroll tax reports with vendor reports to ensure accuracy
- Reconcile and report EOM, EOQ and EOY processes.
- Preparing support documentation for federally required testing
- Assist employees with payroll and benefits questions
- Assist the HR Director with open enrollment
- Maintain and update HR policies, procedures and checklists related to employee records and payroll processing
- Minimal back-up receptionist duties
- Other duties as assigned
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist should have:
- Good analytical, data gathering and attention to detail skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- 10-key by touch
- 5 years plus experience with a payroll processing software such as PAYCOM a plus
We are looking for a team player who will embrace our core values of Service, Communication, Teamwork, Professionalism and Excellence. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a pleasant, team-oriented work environment. If you are interested in joining the best educator's association in Texas please send us your current resume with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements to email@example.com EOE.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers