Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Come work as a Compensation and Benefits Analyst at a large nonprofit organization in northwest Austin that offers great benefits with a wide range of opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of talented professionals.
About the Texas Association of School Boards
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) has been promoting educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren since 1949. We provide a wide variety of services and programs to help public school board members serve their communities more effectively and to help school districts function more efficiently.
Since 2009, TASB has regularly made the top 10 list in the large-employer category of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Central Texas. Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. We employ a diverse mix of professional, technical, risk management, and administrative staff.
About the Position
We’re looking for a Compensation and Benefits Analyst to work in a fast-paced Human Resources department to performing assigned functions such as compensation studies, employment analysis, and benefits administration.
- Collects and reviews job descriptions for accuracy;
- Help create compensation guidelines that matches the TASB culture;
- Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market;
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current laws and regulations;
- Conduct periodic audits, prepare reports;
- Administer benefit plans, including health, vision, dental, life, retirement plan, and voluntary benefit offerings;
- Establish and maintain relationships with benefits consultants and insurance companies in order to stay up to date on policies and offer employees the best possible options;
- Provide regular communication to staff regarding benefits education;
- Explain and research benefit policies and inquiries for employees;
- Administer annual benefits open enrollment, benefit plan setup, ACA tracking and submission in the HRIS system;
- Perform group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups, and research/report on data discrepancies in the HRIS system;
- Conduct data analysis on compensation, classification, and/or benefits data as directed;
- Manage automatic feeds from HRIS system to outside benefit carriers;
- Coordinate the administration of leave policies, including counseling employees and managers, conferring with the HR Manager on complicated issues, as needed;
- Provide excellent customer service by communicating effectively with employees and supervisors concerning leave benefits, information on deductions from pay relating to absences, return-to-work dates, etc.;
- Work cooperatively with Finance department and Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) to process and coordinate all employee leaves and absences, including those relating workers’ compensation claims;
- Track/enter time off hours in the timekeeping system for employees on continuous FMLA and provide oversight and guidance to managers for timekeeping for employees on intermittent FMLA;
- Conduct benefit orientation for new employees;
- Coordinate annual open enrollment process, including HRIS system integration and vendor systems;
- Conduct salary survey and compensation analysis;
- Collect and analyze data, identify trends and developments in functional HR areas;
- Develop and process reports in HRIS and other platforms;
- Process and enter all benefit related personnel actions in the HRIS system;
- Serve as backup for entering other employee-related data changes in HRIS;
- Receive and process accident reports and workers’ compensation claims and file all insurance forms in a timely manner, including wage statements, First Report of Injury, Supplement Report, and job information;
- Communicate with workers’ compensation insurance carrier, doctors, nurses, campuses, and health care providers to ensure appropriate processing of claims.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze data;
- Ability to think independently and produce highly detailed work;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Effective writing skills; ability to plan and manage projects;
- Strong technical aptitude and data analysis skills;
- Flexible, with ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines under heavy workload condition and/or interruptions;
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Master’s degree preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in a benefit, leave administration, and compensation-based role;
- Deep knowledge and experience with HRIS systems (imports, exports, file feeds, plan setup);
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables);
- In addition to a standard pre-employment background check, the position also requires a FINRA fingerprint background check at the time of hire.
- Excellent benefits, including employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance as well as a retirement plan and employee assistance program. We have generous paid leave and holiday time.
- Convenient staff-supportive amenities like an on-site childcare center, mini market, fitness room, and more.
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities in a wide range of areas, including governmental relations, risk management, cooperative purchasing, investment and employee benefits, human resource management, leadership development, and more.
- A diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates the unique perspectives and talents of all employees.
- A friendly company culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Learn More and Apply
Learn more about TASB and its benefits by visiting tasb.org or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. All job applications must be submitted online through our ADP application system. Only those candidates that closely meet the job’s requirements will be selected for interview and contacted.
TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin, or age. TASB does not sponsor H-1B visas. This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.