Strategic Compensation Manager
Lead strategic initiatives that ensure exempt, non-exempt, and driver pay remains competitive with the external market. Ensure alignment between company divisions in similar markets and all compensation practices are consistent with applicable Federal, State, City, and local requirements.
- Using a consultative approach, create customized and practical solutions for wage structures. In addition, develop a 2 to 3-year market strategy to maintain market and enhance competitive structures over that timeframe.
- Review current practices to understand all elements of compensation programs.
- Look for similarities and differences in local markets and nationwide. Create common and consistent programs to unify the two groups.
- Solicit feedback from compensation, human resources, and executive leadership to validate proposals.
- Evaluate market competitiveness, design proposed programs, evaluate costs, create timelines and determine system requirements for each proposal.
- Understand financial drivers, economic trends and market conditions as well as the impact of changes to all stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are cost effective and meet the needs of the organization now and in the future.
- Consult with internal teams on technical matters regarding compensation design and technical requirements.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and costing.
- Lead internal meetings with executives, RVPs, Presidents, and General Managers to understand issues and present proposals.
- Assist team as needed with other duties including, but not limited to, exempt merit and bonus process, range adjustments, market research, and job analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, HR, Accounting/Finance, or another related field.
- 7 or more years of compensation experience with companies with multiple locations required.
- 5 or more years of managerial experience required.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel. PowerPoint will be useful; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Ability to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, including managers, VPs, Presidents, RVPs, peers, and subordinates.
- Project management and supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of federal/state/local laws and government regulations as they apply to compensation.
- Ability to persuade and influence leaders and motivate teammates.
- Strong mathematical and analysis skills.
If you are interested and qualified, please send a “Word” copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group