Come work as a Budget and Payroll Manager at a large nonprofit organization in northwest Austin that offers great benefits with a wide range of opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of talented professionals.
About the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) has been promoting educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren since 1949. We provide a wide variety of services and programs to help public school board members serve their communities more effectively and to help school districts function more efficiently.
Since 2009, TASB has regularly made the top 10 list in the large-employer category of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Central Texas.
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. We employ a diverse mix of professional, technical, risk management, and administrative staff.
At Texas Association of School Boards, the health and safety of our employees, and members, is our top priority. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities.
About the Position
We’re looking for a Budget and Payroll Manager to work in a fast-paced Finance department to administer TASB’s operating budget, chargeback and overhead application processes, and cost of services analysis. This role will also be responsible for supervision of payroll activities.
- Administration of budget processes, including preparation of calendar and training manual, providing training, AED and management reporting, preparation of reconciliations/summarizations of budget changes, projection of net assets, and preparation of the budget documents
- Administration of the internal chargeback process, calculation and application of overhead, and preparation of annual cost of services analysis
- Review semi-monthly payroll and related disbursements, and post resulting accounting entries
- Supervise activities of Senior Payroll Administrator
- Analysis of monthly operating statements with emphasis on variances between budget and actual, and communication with directors and managers regarding such variances
- Administration and maintenance of budgeting/reporting application and support of users
- Complete census and other surveys as required
- Prepare and monitor Finance department budget
- Degree in Business, with emphasis in Accounting preferred
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate
- Responsible, dependable individual with the initiative to handle large projects and the maturity to handle confidential information
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively communicate with management personnel
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Previous experience with HRIS systems desired and ADP experience a plus
- Previous experience with ERP systems desired
Why Apply at TASB?
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid disability, life insurance, and flexible spending, as well as a retirement plan with company matching and an employee assistance program. We have generous paid leave and holiday time too!
- Convenient staff-supportive amenities like an on-site child care center, mini- market, fitness room, and more.
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities in a wide range of areas, including tuition reimbursement and robust training and development programs.
- A diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates the unique perspectives and talents of all employees.
- A friendly company culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Learn More and Apply
Learn more about what it is like to be a TASBean by visiting tasb.org or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. All job applications must be submitted online through our ADP application system. Only those candidates that closely meet the job’s requirements will be selected for interview and contacted.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.